Love it or hate it, Christmas is now over and the New Year is well and truly on its way. Time to focus on what you want. I prophesy it will be a good one, as long as you think the right thoughts, take the right actions and let go of expectations.
So let’s dive straight in to today’s short broadcast to fire you up for the year ahead.
Don’t make follow up calls …………. if you’re feeling scared!
If you’ve ever felt scared before making a phone call, join the club. Me too! You’re really not alone. I think it’s usually about the fear of rejection and the person’s response.
However, if you follow this simple process, you can make those vital calls effectively & confidently.
1) Acknowledge the fear. Yes don’t deny it because what you resist persists.
2) Thank it and then let it go.
3) Remind yourself that making calls will not kill you!
4) Expect some people to be off-hand, curt, or even downright rude. Yes really.
5) It’s really not personal.
6) Allow their response to just wash over you.
7) Respond in a positive, professional, polite manner.
8) Some will, some won’t so what, someone’s waiting.
9) Make another call!
This broadcast was inspired by a Fellow Director of the Right to Manage Company which I chair when I rang her recently.
She said: “Whadoyouwant?” in a very off-hand manner.
It took me a while to realise that it was not about me at all – the only person who sounded ignorant was her.
And if you’re challenged with making phone calls, you’re probably also challenged with charging what you’re worth so please get in touch.
I’m Vanessa Ugatti, author of Amazon Best Seller, True Worth: How to Charge What You’re Worth and Get It. I help accountants, lawyers and consultants to generate more income, have more time and create more freedom without having to get more clients, do more work or compromise value or values.
Ready to talk?
For an initial no-obligation chat, call 00-44-1202-743961 or to order your complimentary copy of Amazon Best Seller click here